Friday, December 2, 2011

Lucky You, Lucky Monkey!

When putting the BananaBlog together the first thing I considered was my location.
I currently live in Savannah, Georgia, but will more than likely be leaving at some point in the Summer to seek out new adventures on the West coast.
Taking this into account, the only logical starting point for the BananaBlog would be to review local banana goodness before I leave them behind for good.

First up, kicking off BananaBlog's no doubt long list of local Savannah bananaties,
it's the ever-loved Lucky Monkey frozen smoothie from The Sentient Bean!
The Lucky Monkey!
(Forgive the poor quality photo, as my camera screen is broken...)



Located just across the street on the South end of Forsyth Park in beautiful historic Savannah,
The Sentient Bean provides healthy food, organic coffee, Vegetarian and Vegan friendly dishes, and atmosphere to boot!
They also play host to many delightful Indie musicians from time to time
(including my favorite band, The Seedy Seeds, a couple years ago).

I used to live walking distance from this amazing coffee shop, and took full advantage of its delights,
and of course, upon my first visit there, imagine my sheer joy when I saw the "Lucky Monkey" on the menu!
A chocolate and banana blended smoothie, this is definitely worth the $4.75 (or $5 with Soy milk instead of regular) to indulge it.
Creamy and cool, with the occasional nommy ice chunk for texture, it's perfect for those sweltering Savannah Summer days at the park.

Try any of the items on their menu and you're guaranteed a win at the Bean.
Just remember, though: they don't take debit or credit cards, but if that turns you off, don't worry; they have an ATM handy for some quick cash withdrawals.

Trust me when I say the Lucky Monkey is a treat you'll go ape for!

Banana Flavor (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 ranking as incredibly strong and overpowering, 1 ranking as barely noticeable): 4
Banana Accuracy (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 ranking as "are you sure this isn't just a regular banana?" and 1 ranking as "what chemicals am I eating here?"): 7
Banana Texture (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 ranking as "there are whole chunks in this thing!" and 1 ranking as "where's the banana hidden in all this???"): 1

Overall Ranking (on a scale of 1 to 10 bananas, 1 banana ranking as highly unsatisfactory, and 10 ranking as sheer banana perfection): 7


Now go get yourself to the Bean and enjoy!

-Emily,
BananaBlogger Extraordinaire

No comments:

Post a Comment