Saturday, December 17, 2011

¡Me Gusta Bananas!

As some of you may know, I'm home for Christmas, and am enjoying time with my family.
Fortunately for you all, that time also includes the occasional meal at local restaurants.

Tonight I enjoyed a delicious Mexican dinner with my sister and her fiancé at Friaco's Mexican Restaurant and Cantina off of Route 59 in Aurora, IL.
Despite being full of spicy quesadilla, my sister and I had enough room to split a Banana Chimichanga (only $4.99) for dessert.

Here's the description from Friaco's website:
"A mixture of bananas, butter, cinnamon & sugar rolled into a flour tortilla & fried.  Served with ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream."

Well that definitely sounded awesome, and it definitely tasted awesome.
The chimi came and it was as beautiful as could be.
They took an entire banana (no slicing, no substituting, just a straight up whole banana) and wrapped it in a tasty tortilla and fried it with cinnamon sugar.
There was a wonderful pool of creamy sweet glaze engulfing the plate around the chimi as well, and the ice cream was simply wonderful.
That aside, the chimi itself was amazing, to say the least.
Definitely tasty and worth the five bucks.

Now I'll stop chatting and show you the good stuff:




Now you just try and tell me that doesn't look good.

Banana Flavor: 9
Banana Accuracy: 10
Banana Texture: 10

Overall Ranking: 9  (Sweet and cinnamon-y, this dessert can't fail unless you absolutely hate bananas!  If that's true, then why on earth are you here reading this blog?!?  Anyway, the Banana Chimichanga has the great crunchy texture of the outer fried tortilla shell with the smooth creamy texture of the chilled inner banana, which I absolutely love.  Friaco's has multiple locations in the Northern Illinois area, so get yourself over to one of them if you're nearby, and get one of these babies!)


Enjoy!
<3,
Emily J Sampson

1 comment:

  1. That looks to die for, Emily. I'm sooo jealous. I'll have to make you a fried banana egg roll one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete